Friday, July 4, 2008

Eccotemp Portable Tankless Water Heater

Hot water is a critical convenience for most survivalists. It is necessary for cleaning, cooking, re-hydration and showering. In modern society hot water is taken completely for granted.

A couple of years back I had this Zodi X-40 outback water heater. It was a piece of junk that started leaking after the first couple of uses. The Zodi set me back alittle over $400.

The Eccotemp L5 unit is only $120 so I think I will give it a try. I can hook it into the 12v system at the cabin.

Endless hot water - wherever you are!

The uses for the L5 are extremely varied and can be incorporated in to Sporting Goods, Cabins, Hunting, Vending/Concession, Sinks, Portable Showers, etc...

Wash Your Pet, Fill Your Hot Tub, Wash Farm Animals, Wash Patio Furniture, Warm Outdoor Shower, Clean Your Dairy Barn, Wash Your Car, Wash Your Tractor, Hot Water for Cabin, Outdoor Cooking, Picnics, Wash Paintbrushes, Thaw Frozen Water Lines, Wash Trash Containers, Shampoo Carpets, Clean Floor Mats.

Eccotemp Portable Tankless Water Heater. L5 - Portable Tankless Unit. The portable tankless unit is an ideal unit for portable uses. It uses a standard garden hose adapter and fits right to a standard 20 pound grill tank. Perfect for emergency and cabin applications.

Some of the other benefits include:

* 2 "D" cell battery ignition means no electricity needed
* Adjustable water temperature from 80-150 degrees F
* The garden hose adapter included attaches to any standard garden hose style nozzle
* Shower nozzle with on/off control
* Folding handles
* Includes CSA regulator for attaching to standard 20 pound propane tank
* Up to 18 hours of use on a 20 pound tank

I will probably pick one up next week and will keep you informed about performance.

4 comments:

dogsledder said...

I had a Zodi unit. The water pump gave out. I'm looking forward to reading your test results. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I have one and it works well in my application. I use it to heat my pool spa which is several hundred gallons in volume. I tried it several times during the "winter" and was able to raise the spa temp from 20 Celcius to nearly 35C in a few hours using less that 1/2 tank of propane.

I have a separate pump for the spa that circulates the water independent of the pool (15K G). When the the whole pool circulates the heated water in the spa mixes with the entire volume.

streakr

Anonymous said...

After using my friend's Eccotemp Portable Tankless Water Heater just once, I ordered my own... www.ProductsThatSave.com is offering them for only $108.... Nice post Bear!!

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
I built a hot dog cart and installed the Eccotemp L5 to comply with health department regulations requiring hot running water on concession carts. Works great! This unit is easily my #1 choice for mobile food vending units.
[url=http://www.hotdogprofits.com/]
[img]http://www.hotdogprofits.com/L5.jpg[/img][/url]
If you'd like to build your own hot dog cart and be your own boss, visit my site http://www.HotDogProfits.com or send an email to steve@HotDogProfits.com. I'd love to hear from you!