Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Arthur C. Clarke

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

"Somewhere in me is a curiosity sensor. I want to know what's over the next hill. You know, people can live longer without food than without information. Without information, you'd go crazy."

"We should always be prepared for future technologies, because otherwise they will come along and clobber us."

"Our lifetime may be the last that will be lived out in a technological society. "

"This is the first age that's ever paid much attention to the future, which is a little ironic since we may not have one."

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."

"As our own species is in the process of proving, one cannot have superior science and inferior morals. The combination is unstable and self-destroying."

Arthur C. Clark died today, he was 90 years old. I will miss him.

1 comment:

Mountain_Tracker said...

He's been around forever in my book! I've seen every movie he made and he was an inspiration from an early age for me.

We need more people like him is this world!